We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who We Are
RAE Business Services (Yorkshire) Limited (“RAE”) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The Personal Information We Collect and Use
Information Collected By Us
In the course of our business we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Personal information such as your name, contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number(s)) and occupation when you:
- Register on our website
- Contact us directly via our website, by email or by telephone, or live chat, or any other medium in which you approach us.
- Enquire about or use our services with regards to a project or partnership. This can include: via our website, by email or by telephone, or live chat, or any other medium in which you approach us. We will only store the necessary information on any persons directly involved to facilitate the progression and service of any projects we work together on.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
Personal information that you have provided to our suppliers and business partners and which you have authorised them to share with us so that we can contact you about our services;
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with products or services you have requested;
- Provide you with ongoing information about RAE that we believe you may be interested in
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We will never share your data with third party suppliers, unless requested to do so legally.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You, and If so Why
The provision of your personal information e.g. name and contact details is required to enable us to provide you with the goods and services that you have ordered from us or that you are interested in receiving information about. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us. How long your personal information will be kept
- We will hold personal information about our customers for 6 years from when we last supplied you with goods or services.
- We will hold contact details about our previous customers or potential customers only for so long as we reasonably consider that the information about products and services that we might provide to you is relevant to and of interest to you and we will delete your contact details if you ask us not to continue to send such information to you or at any time if we have reason to think that the information is out of date, and in any case no later than 6 years after you last contacted us.
Reasons We Can Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- If we supply goods and services to you we rely on the fact that it is necessary for us to have and to use your personal information for the performance of our contract with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data;
- If you are a customer or a previous customer to whom we send information about goods and services provided by us or by others that we think is of interest to you, we rely on our legitimate business interests as the lawful basis on which we retain and use the personal data that you have given to us. Our legitimate interests are to keep you informed of those goods and services and other information about our business. This will be limited to information sent to the contact details that you have provided to us and with every communication you will be given a clear and straightforward option to opt out of further communications and to ask us to delete the personal information that we hold about you. We have considered the risk of harm to your privacy rights and to your data security and have concluded that the risk is minimal given (i) the type of data (your contact details) that we process for this purpose, (ii) the method, volume and content of the communications that we might send to you not more often than monthly, related to the goods and services that you have previously ordered from us or expressed an interest in), (iii) your right to opt out of further communications and to ask us to delete your information from our records at any time and (iv) the ability for you to select your preferences through the marketing preferences portal on our website.
- Any contact by electronic communication will respect your e-privacy rights by being restricted to the use of e-contact details that you provided to us in the original supply process and limited to the same or similar goods and services.
Consequences of Our Use of Your Personal Information
We do not believe that there are likely to be any serious consequences to you of our use of your personal information. The potential consequences that we have identified are:
- Your data security: The risk of the personal information that we hold about you being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We have taken steps to protect against this (please see further information under the heading “Keeping your personal information secure” below).
- Your privacy rights: You may, from time to time, receive communications from us, however, we do not believe that the frequency, content or manner of these communications will risk any breach of your privacy rights and with every communication you will be given a clear and straightforward option to opt out of further communications and to ask us to delete the personal information that we and/or our third party suppliers hold about you.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to Complain
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone their helpline: 0303 123 1113.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you use our website.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which company you work for which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published on 20/11/2020. We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our Website.
How to Contact Us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you
RAE Business Services (Yorkshire) Limited
Registered Address: First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7LT
Trading Address: 8 Weavers Park, York YO23 3XA
Tel: 07587 709008